Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Q: My business is in a different city or state, how will this affect our relationship and can you
perform long distance services?
- A:I am asked this frequently and the simple answer is that different
geographical locations do not matter in this information age. All of the work performed to create coordinated shop drawings
can and is done via e-mail and Internet.
- Q: Can you attend
on site coordination meetings?
- A: Yes I can. This can be handled one of two ways:
me during the bid process that you would like for me to attend x amount of on site coordination
meetings and I will include this into the proposal.
- Inform me during the project that an on-site coordination
meeting is required and then I will separetly invoice expenses to include receipts.
- Q:Which HVAC software do you use and why?
- A: I now use PractiCAD because of
its intelligence, intuitive design and 2nd to none support. It is completely compatible with Navis Works and is down-loadable
to our CAM (plasma) software as well.
I use InteliCAD HVAC software and have for 12 years. I have searched
out all the new latest and greatest softwares available but have found that they all do the same exact thing... some
things better and some things worse, but achieve the same end result... coordinated shop drawings.
- Q: Do you have access to other HVAC software programs?
- A: Yes
we do, we just prefer PractiCAD.
- Q: Are Plan Check
Comment changes include?
- A: Yes, as long as the plan check comments are not design changes, revisions,
- Q:Are "AS-BUILTS" included?
- Q: Are plots included?
- A: No.
All drawings are transmitted via e-mail or CD in PDF format. Plots can be provided at an additional cost.
Have a question for us? Use the form below, and we will respond immediately.